How to End a Sponsoring or Co-Sponsoring Relationship
Ending a relationship should be done tactfully and with respect. The goal is not to make others feel bad or to accuse them of being inadequate at their volunteer position.
- It is best to keep things simple and there is no need to go into elaborate explanations. Most will be fine with just hearing that the other party wants to try somebody else.
- Life in recovery is all about honesty so it is not recommended that people make up lies about why they wish to make a change – even if theses lies are well intentioned.
- It is best to share this change please use the same form of communication that you use in your on-going sponsorship or co-sponsorship conversations.
- It is important to thank the other for their efforts. They are volunteers and have been providing a service.
- Even if the relationship has been a bumpy one, it is best to leave on good terms.