Find an In-Person EA Meeting in the United States:
Using these two drop-down menus, you can search for in-person EA meetings in the U.S. by language and/or state.
If a U.S. State is not listed in the drop-down menu below, it means that there are currently no in-person EA meetings in that state.
Once you find a meeting you may be interested in:
- Simply click on the meeting result to open up the complete listing. The listing provides additional meeting information, such as the meeting address, group contact information, etc.
If you'd like to further refine your search results, after you've pressed "Search" button and arrived at the results page:
- Look for the search bar at the top of the results, to the right of “All Profile Fields.” Using the search bar, you can further refine your meeting results by typing in a specific state or city, meeting day of the week, meeting time, or name of the meeting location. Hit "enter" after typing in your search term to pull up the relevant meetings.
Meetings Listed in EA's Meeting Directory Are:
- Believed to be active (based on most recent information provided by the group).
- Registered with Emotions Anonymous International.
- Managed by a group of individuals that agreed or requested to be listed.
- Not to be used for commercial ventures or solicitation.
- Neither approved nor endorsed by EA for their autonomous business dealings and implementation of the EA program.
- Open to all individuals provided they are not disruptive to the group. Disruptive individuals will be asked to leave a meeting and may be banned from returning.
- The group's meetings are on specific days at designated times.
- Many face-to-face groups had to shift how they were meeting due to COVID-19. The groups may have switched to meeting remotely or may not be meeting at all.
- Please touch base with the group contact(s) prior to attending to ensure that the group is still meeting in-person. If the group is meeting remotely currently, they may decide to resume meeting in-person.
- When you attend meetings please be respectful to others and keep the meeting topics related to the EA program.
- Please do not discuss religion, politics, or other outside issues during the meeting. Participants who use inappropriate or abusive language may be removed from the meeting and possibly banned.
- The group's contact(s) are volunteers who provide their phone/email to assist you and answer questions about their meeting.
- Please be kind in your communications. Please be patient as it may take 2-3 days to get a response depending on the contact's availability.
- EA meetings are designed to be open to anyone with a desire to improve their mental health. In some cases, a meeting can be oriented toward a specific group of individuals, such as men, women, specific ethnic backgrounds etc. and/or groups with unique shared experiences in order to best meet the needs of those choosing to attend. EA’s goal is to meet the needs of all who wish to become well emotionally; therefore we support a range of meeting types.
- Anonymity and confidentiality are important to everyone in the program.
- By continuing this search, you agree to maintain the confidentiality of all members of EA.
NOTE: In California, there are some EA groups that meet in Spanish. If you are interested in those meetings, please select "Español (Spanish)" or “English & Spanish” for the language and select "California (CA)" for the state. You will need to translate some of the information into Spanish.
If you would like to see a list of ALL of the in-person EA meetings in the USA:
- You can leave the “Language” and “State” choices BLANK, then press the “Search” button.The results page will show ALL of the in-person US meetings, in alphabetical order by the state. (The results page may look blank for a few seconds while the results load.)