- We realize a new freedom and happiness.
- We do not regret the past or wish to shut the door on it.
- We comprehend the word serenity, and we know peace of mind.
- No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we see how our experience can benefit others.
- The feelings of uselessness and self-pity lessen.
- We have less concern about self and gain interest in others.
- Self-seeking slips away.
- Our whole attitude and outlook upon life changes.
- Our relationships with other people improve.
- We intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.
- We acquire a feeling of security within ourselves.
- We realize that God is doing for us what we could not do ourselves.
These may seem like extravagant promises, but they are not. They are being fulfilled among us, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly.
Adapted with permission of Alcoholics Anonymous, Big Book, p. 83-84.