General Information about Submitting your Writing
Thank you for being part of the Emotions Anonymous International (“EAI”) fellowship and submitting your suggestions, writings, concepts, images, testimonials, and other materials to share with others. Please know that by submitting material for publication in EAI materials, you are allowing the EAI organization to use it. You may choose to have your first name and last initial identified or have your submission remain completely anonymous. EAI copyrights materials so that members may be assured that anything with the EAI name on it has been verified as being true to the program; submitted materials may be edited. This does not include shares on The Loop or chat groups, as these are online meeting spaces.
If you would like to submit your writings online, simply check the appropriate boxes below and upload your writing. You may also submit by mail by clicking here. Thank you!
- Literature can to relate to Steps, Traditions, Concepts, Promises, Just for Todays, or Slogans.
- Submissions may focus on emotions (Gratitude, Surprise, Contempt etc.)
- Writing could be about ideas that are helpful (Acceptance, Healthy Boundaries, Trauma, Courage etc.)
- Include 4-7 reflection questions as part of a pamphlet. Questions should be thought-provoking and open-ended (vs. closed “yes/no” questions).
- Personal stories and illustrations help material more relatable.
- A focus on the healing and wholeness possible for the person suffering with emotional issues is helpful. EA is a program that helps us to grow in our work to be responsible for our own lives. Literature that can center on the positive aspects of our program is the most beneficial.
- Write with with good grammar and sentence structure. (EAI may edit your material.)
- For pamphlets, keeping the word count to about 900 words. Longer pieces may be made into workbooks or booklets. Shorter submissions may be used in new meditation/reader books, published in the newsletter or on the website, or compiled with other submissions in publications.
- Material should NOT be formatted. Documents should be submitted in MS Word only.
- Materials will be forwarded on to the Book & Literature Committee for approval.
- Writers of pamphlets, books, or workbooks will be required to sign over copyrights to EAI.
- By submitting material, you are allowing EAI to use it as approved by the Board of Trustees.
- EAI will format and include accepted materials in EAI publications.