How can I help EA?
Step 12 says, "Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message and to practice these principles in all our affairs." Service is an important piece of any recovery work, keeping us grounded in our efforts. Service to EA can come in many forms:
Share the EA Message in your Area
- Place flyers for your meeting at local coffeeshops, grocery stores, libraries, community centers etc. Flyers are available by clicking on the link to the right.
- Start a new meeting in your area. Information on how to start a new group is available here.
- Share the message of recovery with others through your house of worship or at local community group meetings.
- Talk to your group about planning a retreat.
- Schedule and publicize a Public Information Meeting to let others know about the existence of EA in your area (and let our office know when/where so we can add it to the Event Calendar on the website for all to see)
Volunteer for EA as a Whole
- Work with a current EA member to organize and prepare audio recordings to be linked to our website
- Do national research to identify mental health/healthcare/recovery organizations/providers that EA can reach out to with information
- Develop appropriate, new EA material to use to inform people/groups about EA
- Work with the Executive Director to create a plan to identify individuals in each region who would be willing to help manage communications with groups and implement that plan.
- Search for appropriate social media sites to post information about EA
- Call/email/follow up with existing groups to update or confirm their meeting information
- Research if and how we could clean up the existing online discussion forum"The Loop" platform or find a new/better one and make the transition (The Loop hasn't been updated since it was started and there maybe better technological options today.)